Best Caramel Rolls
These fabulous rolls should be served warm; let them cool about 30 minutes before you dig in.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions. When warm, roll out on lightly floured surface to 15-by-12-inch rectangle. Grease a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour.
- In small bowl, combine 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons butter; spread evenly over dough. Roll up dough, starting with the 12-inch side, and pinch edges to seal.
- In small saucepan, combine 1⁄3 cup butter, 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, and honey; cook over low heat until blended and smooth. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut rolls into 12 slices (1 inch) and lay, cut-side down, in 4 rows of 3 in the sauce in the pan. Let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375°F for 22 to 27 minutes until golden brown. Invert onto wire rack and let cool.