The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a delicious buttery version of the classic favorite.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. very warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine baking soda and water in a cup; blend into batter. Gradually blend in flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks and chopped pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are browned.