Best Chocolate Fudge Sauce
The classic ice cream sundae topping.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in large heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently with whisk, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. When sauce boils, cook for 8 minutes, stirring every minute, until smooth and thick.
- Let sauce cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until very thick, about 2–3 hours. Stir in vanilla and store in refrigerator. Can warm in the microwave as needed. Sauce does not freeze hard; it will become slightly chewy when frozen.