Best-Ever Cocoa Caffé Brownies
If you’re a chocolate lover who really wants to eat clean, but also has to have your occasional chocolate fix, this recipe is for you! The added plus: If you love coffee, you’ll love every last bite of these delicious brownie bars!
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 squares unsweetened dark baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup Sucanet
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with olive oil spray. Melt the chocolate squares and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coffee, applesauce, agave, Sucanet, eggs, and vanilla, and mix well. Add the chocolate to the wet ingredient mixture, and mix well to combine thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, and baking powder, mix well, and add to the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.