Best-Ever Garlic Bread
Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient to this garlic bread. Mix it with butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, garlic, and herbs; spread it over thick slices of toasted sourdough bread and then broil it until bubbling.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic pepper
- 8 large slices sourdough bread
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, garlic powder, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, and garlic pepper and mix well.
- Set oven to broil. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and broil on one side for 1 minute, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, flip the bread over, and spread it with the mayonnaise mixture. Return it to the oven and broil for 2 minutes, or until the topping bubbles and begins to brown. Serve immediately.