Best Ever Vegan Banana Bread
Irresistibly moist, tender, and bursting with banana flavor, this is hands-down the best banana bread ever. When making banana bread, it’s important not to overmix! The batter can become gummy quickly, so measure ingredients into the bowl and stir gently until just combined.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 9 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil and flour an 8-by-3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add water, sugar, flour, baking powder, oil, vanilla, nuts, and flaxseed mixture. Stir gently until just combined, then transfer batter to the prepared pan.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, until tester inserted into the center comes clean. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Gently invert pan to remove cooled loaf. Cover loaf or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.