The Best Grain-Free Banana Bread Ever
Even those who don’t need to be on a wheat-free diet will adore this banana bread. Add a cup of chopped walnuts if you like.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup turbinado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. wheat-free baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approximately 3 large bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 5" × 10" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in yogurt, water, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flax seed, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the butter mixture. Stir in the bananas and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 50–55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 2 minutes, then turn out and cool completely.