Bettered Box Cake Mix
This combination of ingredients and techniques will give you bakery-quality results from store-bought boxed cake mix. Try this technique with other cake mix, pudding, and frosting flavors.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cups cold water
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tub (16 oz.) prepared frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour one or more cake pans (see cake mix package for pan sizes). Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer set to medium speed to blend the batter for 6 minutes. Pour batter into the cake pan(s).
- Bake according to cake mix instructions. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Cool cake completely before frosting.