Betty's Banana Nut Bread
Serve a slice of nostalgia with this moist, nut-studded banana bread – just like your grandmother used to make.
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Raw Walnut Pieces, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sour milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use electric mixer with paddle attachment to cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and 3 tablespoons sour milk (see note in step 6); continue mixing.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine. Stir in bananas and nuts by hand.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Use knife to loosen sides; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 10 slices.
- Note: To make the sour milk, mix together 2½ tablespoons milk with ½ tablespoon cider vinegar.