Big Banana Breakfast Cookies
These hearty breakfast starters deliver the whole grain goodness of oats, dried fruit, peanut butter protein, a shot of antioxidants via a sprinkle of dark chocolate and natural banana sweetness.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 37 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups Kellogg’s Special K Cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Kroger® Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried banana chips, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the banana, honey, peanut butter, egg and water in a bowl; stir until combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the cereal mixture; stir until well combined. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Drop the dough by ½ cups onto the cookie sheet; press lightly to flatten to a 3” diameter. Edges may almost touch.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until tops are beginning to brown and cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.