Big Sky Killer Chili
Big game like buffalo, elk, deer, moose, antelope, and bear all work well with this chili. If this recipe makes more than you need, it freezes well.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. ground venison
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans
- 1 can (28 oz.) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium red Serrano chili, sliced
- Brown meat in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, and vinegar.
- Stir in chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, corn chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Add water. Turn heat down to a medium-low and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Top with Serrano chili slices to serve.