Bill Kim's Banh Mi Your Burgers
Try Bill Kim's delicious burger recipe using Mariano's Own Pub Burgers
- 1⁄4 cup Madras curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup your favorite brand of mayo
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 pieces whole cilantro
- 1 Mariano's plain pub burger, cut in half
- 1 Mariano's sub roll or torpedo roll
- 1 medium sliced tomato
- 6 medium slices of seedless cucumber
- 5 thinly sliced fresh jalapeno rings
- To Make Curry Salt (makes 1/2 cup): - Combine the curry powder and coarse salt in a small bowl and stir to mix. - Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- To Make Sweet Chili Mayo (makes 1 cup): - Combine minced garlic, mayo, sweet chili sauce, fish sauce and lime juice in a bowl and whisk until blended. - Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- To Cook and Assemble Burger: - Heat the grill for direct heat cooking to medium (375°F to 400°F). - Season the patties on both sides with 1 teaspoon curry salt. - Place the patties on the grill grate and cook, turning them once, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until done to your liking. They should be lightly charred on both sides. Remove the burgers from the grill. - Immediately place the rolls, cut side down, on the grill grate for about 30 seconds, until lightly toasted. - Serve the burgers on the rolls with 2 tablespoons of sweet chili mayo, tomato, seedless cucumber and jalapeno rings.