Birthday Cake Ice Cream
This recipe lets you honor the tradition of having a birthday cake while skipping the baking altogether. It’s a particularly big hit on hot summer birthdays.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup confetti cake mix
- Dissolve sugar into milk by whisking briskly. Add heavy cream and vanilla. Mix well. Sift in cake mix to avoid lumps.
- Add mixture to an ice-cream maker and follow instructions given for the appliance.