Biscuit-Topped Chicken Skillet Pie
This creamy chicken-and-vegetable skillet pie topped with hot biscuits is pure comfort food! Using canned refrigerator biscuits makes it easy too!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 box (12 oz.) frozen carrots and peas, thawed
- 1 tube (16 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place biscuits on baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in milk, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Add cooked chicken, thawed carrots, and peas and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Nestle hot biscuits into skillet and serve immediately.