Biscuit-Topped Chicken Skillet Pie
This creamy chicken-and-vegetable skillet pie topped with hot biscuits is pure comfort food! Using canned refrigerator biscuits makes it easy too!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 box (12 oz.) frozen carrots and peas, thawed
- 1 tube (16 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place biscuits on baking sheet. Bake for 13–17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in milk, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5–10 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Add cooked chicken, thawed carrots, and peas and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Nestle hot biscuits into skillet and serve immediately.