Biscuits & Strawberry Jam
Comfort food at its best.
- 1⁄2 pound butter
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 eggs
- 3 containers strawberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Grate whole pound of butter into large bowl.
- Sift flour.
- Add flour, eggs, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk, gently mixing into flour.
- Fold over once and grease sheet pans with butter.
- Portion 6 oz. scoops into pan, to even out the biscuits.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes, then turn tray and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- To make strawberry jam: 1. Place chopped strawberries, honey and sugar in oval pot. 2. Bring to boil while stirring. 3. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, stirring frequently. 4. Cook until nice and thick, making sure it doesn't burn.
- Cut open biscuits and top with strawberry jam.