Bison is very lean, but stays delicious and juicy when cooked to medium or medium-well doneness.
Serves: 4Cook: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Tomato (optional topping)
- Lettuce (optional topping)
- Pickles (optional topping)
- Avocados, sliced (optional topping)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. In medium bowl, mix bison, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper until blended; don't overmix. Shape into 4 burgers, ½” thick and 3½” diameter, forming a depression in center of each.
- Place burgers on grill. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Serve in sandwich buns with desired toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.