Bison Sliders with Brie
Make sliders with a French twist by mixing ground bison with Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and herbes de Provence. Serve burgers in seeded slider buns with a slice of brie.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 lbs. ground bison
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 oz. Brie, cut into 8 slices
- 8 seeded slider buns
- In a large bowl, mix together the bison, egg, Dijon, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, and black pepper.
- Form into 8 small patties, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Working in batches, cook patties, turning once, for about 5 to 8 minutes, until burgers are browned on both sides and internal temperature is between 120˚F–140˚F.
- Top each cooked patty with a slice of Brie and place in slider buns.