Bittersweet Almond Biscotti
These crunchy dippers are perfect for an afternoon energy boost.
Serves: 48Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup natural cocoa powder
- ¼ cup instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1½ cups toasted, chopped almonds
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the sugar, almonds, and chocolate pieces. Set aside. Whisk together the eggs and almond extract. Fold in the flour mixture, forming a dough.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a log approximately 2" wide by 12" long by 1" high. Flatten each log slightly, place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and place the baking sheets on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove from baking sheets and place on a cutting board. Using a knife with a serrated edge, cut into ½" slices.
- Line baking sheets with new sheets of parchment paper.
- Place the slices on prepared baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place pans on wire racks to cool completely.