BJ’s Market Sweet Potato Souffle
A sure to please crowd favorite.
- Butter, (to grease casserole dish)
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the evaporated milk, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, beaten eggs, then salt and pepper to taste. Mix until smooth.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, stir together the pecans, brown sugar, flour and butter until thoroughly combined. Spoon the mixture over the sweet potatoes, making an even layer.
- Bake the casserole until slightly browned, 40 minutes. Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving.