Black and Blue Steak Bites
A cast iron skillet works well for searing meat, and it holds the heat to melt the butter. Searing half the meat at a time keeps the meet from being overcrowded in the skillet.
Serves: 16Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, top loin or ribeye steak, 1” thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Kroger® Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- Trim fat from steak; cut steak into 1” cubes. Toss beef in blackened seasoning.
- Heat 10” heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add half the oil. Cook half the beef 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides and pink in center when cut. Remove and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining oil and steak.
- Remove skillet from heat. Wipe out skillet with paper towel
- Melt butter with garlic in skillet until butter is brown (return skillet to low heat if necessary).
- Return beef to skillet, stirring to coat steak in butter mixture.
- Arrange beef on platter. Serve with dressing and appetizer picks.