Black Bean and Avocado Southwest Bowl
This hearty bowl features the best flavors of the Southwest and it’s vegetarian friendly!
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean and Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup quick cook farro
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, heat beans with cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook veggie burgers on each side for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Chop each burger into 6 pieces.
- Make dressing by whisking together all the ingredients with a fork until smooth.
- Assemble bowls by adding spinach, black beans, diced red pepper, burgers, avocado and farro. Sprinkle with cilantro and dressing.