Black Bean and Brown Rice Veggie Burgers
Of course, you can buy frozen veggie burgers. Or you can, very easily, make them from scratch using your own choice of flavorings.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a mixing bowl. Add the rice, beans, tomato paste, cumin, salt, and black pepper into a bowl. Mash the mixture with a potato masher.
- Set the grill on medium. Form into patties and cook for 4 minutes per side.