Black Bean Chili Sauce
This is an intense sauce that can be used in cooking or sparingly for dipping. If served as a dipping sauce, you may want to dilute it with peanut oil.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 small red chili peppers, finely minced
- ⅓ cup fermented black beans, rinsed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Xiaoshing wine
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chilies and fermented black beans. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, for another 2–3 minutes. Add the sugar; stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat. Let sit to cool. Use immediately or store refrigerated.