Black Bean Chili with Beef and Corn
This will give your family a meal with a real punch, staying power, and nutrition.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb. ground beef
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (13 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large, ovenproof casserole, heat the oil over a medium flame. Brown the beef for 6 to 8 minutes, until it is no longer pink. Move the beef to one side of the casserole dish and sauté the onion, garlic, and peppers for 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cilantro and mix well.
- Stir in the corn, black beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with lime juice and stir to mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serve with cheese.