Black Bean Chili with Beef and Corn
This will give your family a meal with a real punch, staying power, and nutrition.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (13 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large, ovenproof casserole, heat the oil over a medium flame. Brown the beef for 6–8 minutes, until it is no longer pink. Move the beef to one side of the casserole dish and sauté the onion, garlic, and peppers for 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cilantro and mix well.
- Stir in the corn, black beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with lime juice and stir to mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serve with cheese.