Black Bean and Corn Chili
This will give your family a meal with real punch, staying power, and nutrition.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 2 cans (13 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and peppers for 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cilantro and mix well. Stir in the corn, black beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with lime juice. Stir to mix.
- Spread chili in a large baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.