Black Bean and Corn Soup
To add flavor and spice to any of your dishes, add chili powder, jalapeño peppers, chipotle peppers, cayenne pepper, red pepper, or serrano peppers.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for another 10 minutes, then serve.