Black Bean Garlic Sauce
This is an earthy sauce for salt and garlic lovers, a great addition to flavor a quick stir-fry. It can also be used as a dipping sauce, diluted with oil according to taste.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup fermented black beans, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup Shaoxing rice wine
- Preheat a wok over high heat. Swirl in 1⁄4 cup of the oil. Add the beans and garlic and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, decrease the heat to medium, and cook until the mixture is reduced by 3⁄4, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer half the mixture to a blender or food processor and purée at high speed while adding the remaining 1⁄2 cup oil.
- Stir the purée back into the remaining mixture. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.