Black Bean Garlic Sauce
This is an earthy sauce for salt and garlic lovers, a great addition to flavor a quick stir-fry. It can also be used as a dipping sauce, diluted with oil according to taste.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup vegetable oil, divided
- ⅓ cup fermented black beans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup minced garlic
- ½ cup Shaoxing rice wine
- Preheat a wok over high heat. Swirl in ¼ cup of the oil. Add the beans and garlic and stir-fry 2–3 minutes.
- Add the wine, decrease the heat to medium, and cook until the mixture is reduced by ¾, about 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer half the mixture to a blender or food processor and purée at high speed while adding the remaining ½ cup oil.
- Stir the purée back into the remaining mixture. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.