Black Bean Guacamole
Sneaking some extra fiber and protein into a traditional Mexican guacamole makes this dip a more nutritious appetizer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans
- 3 avocados
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Using a fork or a potato masher, mash the beans in a medium-sized bowl just until they are halfway mashed, leaving some texture.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, and mash together until mixed.
- Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to set. Gently mix again just before serving.