Black Bean Tomato Soup
Black beans help lower cholesterol and are high in fiber, which helps slow rising blood sugar levels. Black beans are rich in antioxidants and other cancer-fighting nutrients including folate. They are a virtually fat-free protein as well.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced thin, crosswise
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Fresno chili or jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, then serve.