Black Cherry Barbecue Pork Tenderloin
This sweet and savory meal is perfect for a warm summer evening on the porch. The tenderloin can sit and marinade in the refrigerator while everyone is enjoying the sun.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 4 hours 25 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup black cherry soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh Bing cherries, pitted
- 3 tablespoons black cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 whole pork tenderloin (around 1.15 lbs.)
- In a small bowl, combine the corn starch and 1 tablespoon of wine. Mix until it forms a paste, then set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the rest of the wine with the soda, cherries, jam, lemon juice, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add in the cornstarch paste and bring to a boil, while constantly stirring until the sauce thickens. Lightly mash the cherries, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the tenderloin in a resealable bag and pour half of the sauce over the tenderloin. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the tenderloin from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature while the grill is heated to medium high.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil and remove the tenderloin from the bag, then place in the center of the grate. Baste the tenderloin with remaining sauce. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140° F.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill and allow to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes, then cut into slices.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.