Black Eyed Pea Salad
This super-simple bean salad is enough to feed a small crowd at a potluck or picnic. Serve with grilled meat hot off the barbecue and a fresh green salad.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. black-eyed peas, soaked in water to cover overnight and drained
- 1½ cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Place peas in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Place over high heat and bring to boil. Let boil until tender, about 40 minutes; do not overcook.
- Drain peas well. Transfer peas to a large bowl. Stir in dressing and let cool. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.