Black-Eyed Pea Salad
This elegant salad can be served as the main dish for a vegetarian lunch along with some hot corn bread straight from the oven.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- Rinse the peas and beans and drain well. Combine in large bowl with onion, celery, bell peppers, and garlic; toss gently and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well with wire whisk until blended. Pour over pea mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving.