Black Forest Birthday Cake
Cherries and chocolate are always a winning pair. This sweet, rich, sophisticated cake is a special treat for a chocolate lover’s birthday.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, eggs, oil, and almond extract. Mix to form a smooth batter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan, bringing gently to a boil. Stir until smooth and use to frost warm cake.