Blackberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
Expect cheers at the breakfast table with this crowd-pleasing French toast bake. The cream cheese and berries are great together, and you will love how simple it was to prepare.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 thick slices white bread
- 8 oz. fresh blackberries
- Zest of one medium lemon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream cheese, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Cut slices of bread into square pieces (9 pieces per slice, on average). Add bread squares and blackberries to cream cheese mixture and stir to coat.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray, then pour bread mixture into dish. Top with lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Uncover dish and pour melted butter evenly over bread mixture. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm.