Blackberry Pavlova with Honey Whipped Cream
Lighten up your Easter dessert with a sweet and satisfying springtime treat!
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 3 hours 30 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup sugar plus 1 Tbsp., divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Heat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix together 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed to soft peaks. Slowly add sugar until stiff peaks form. Add 1 teaspoon each vanilla and vinegar.
- Spread meringue mixture into a 9” circle on prepared pan. Keep edges slightly higher than center.
- Bake 60-75 minutes until outside is dry. Turn off oven, prop door open and allow to cool completely in the oven.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon sugar to 1 cup of blackberries. Allow to stand at least 20 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in remaining berries.
- In a cold bowl, beat cream with honey and ½ teaspoon vanilla until soft peaks form. When ready to serve, top meringue with whipped cream, blackberries, grated lemon peel and sprigs of mint. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Serving this light and airy dessert as soon as it’s ready prevents the meringue form breaking down.