Blackberry Pulled Pork
The blackberry seeds are very soft after the long cooking time, but if you want a smoother sauce, press the blackberries through a mesh sieve before adding them to the pot. Discard the seeds.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 lbs. boneless pork roast, excess fat removed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. ginger preserves
- 2 tsp. mesquite liquid smoke
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. hot paprika
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place all ingredients in a 6-quart oven-proof pot. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
- When done, the meat should shred easily with a fork. Remove the pork from the pot. Shred with a fork and set aside. Mash any solid bits of the sauce in the pot with a potato masher. Return the pork to the pot, and toss to coat the pork evenly with the sauce.