Blackened Chicken and Tomatillos Bowl
Spicy chicken combined with citrusy grilled tomatillos and a chili-infused Greek yogurt sauce, makes a beautiful and satisfying meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. blackening spice powder
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 small tomatillos
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rub chicken breast with blackening powder. Place in a baking pan, and cook for 25 minutes or until it registers 165°F with a meat thermometer. Thinly slice and reserve.
- Meanwhile, bring rice and 2 cups broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 45 minutes, and turn heat off. Let steam for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill pan to medium heat. Remove husks from tomatillos and wash well. Halve them and grill for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir the yogurt, chili powder, cumin, and salt together in a small bowl. Place the chicken, rice, arugula, and grilled tomatillos in a large bowl. Drizzle chili-infused yogurt over the bowl.