This is a very lovely, elegant, and classic French dessert.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 packets sugar substitute
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 6 Tbsp. raspberry coulis
- Lightly spray six ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 3 tablespoons cold water; let stand for 5 minutes until softened.
- Combine the cream, ½ cup water, the sweetener, almond extract, and vanilla bean in a medium-size saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, add the gelatin mixture, and stir until melted.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cups. Cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. When ready to serve, briefly dip bottom of cup in warm water, or run a small sharp knife along the sides of the ramekin to separate the custard from the dish. Turn out onto serving platters or individual plates and serve with a few fresh berries and raspberry coulis.