Blanching asparagus shortens the cooking time, making it easier to combine with other, quicker-cooking vegetables in sautéed or stir-fry dishes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut diagonally into 2" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Fill a large saucepan with enough water to cover the asparagus and bring to a boil. Briefly blanch the asparagus, cooking in the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and asparagus.
- Cook for 1 minute, then the soy sauce. Cook until the asparagus is tender but still crisp. Serve hot.