This creamy North Indian dessert is often served for special occasions.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. ground almonds
- 6 Tbsp. rice flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp. rose water (optional)
- In a deep, heavy-bottomed pan, combine the ground almonds, rice flour, whole milk, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for about 20 minutes or until the rice mixture obtains a creamy consistency.
- Add the condensed milk and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom and rose water and mix well. Remove from heat. Serve hot or cold.