Apples, cheddar cheese and crunchy pistachios are perfect way to start your St. Patrick’s Day.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Kerrygold's Dubliner® Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup apples, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix egg and cream together and stir into dry mixture.
- Add cheese, pistachios and apples and stir until combined
- Drop dough by 10 spoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.