Blended BBQ Chicken
Enjoy this Spanish-inspired dish with homemade slaw.
Serves: 4Prep: 45 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Tyson Boneless Skinless Thin-Sliced Chicken Breasts, frozen or fresh
- 1⁄2 loaf (about 15 oz.) French bread, 1” bias-sliced into 4 pieces
- Remaining French bread, cubed and grilled
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned and halved
- 1⁄2 head Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup barbeque sauce
- Raita Slaw Dressing
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Romesco Sauce
- 1⁄2 jar (16 oz.) roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium heat (about 350-400° F). Grill chicken for 30-35 minutes if frozen or 15-20 minutes if fresh (internal temperature reaches 165° F).
- Grill bread slices on one side until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Grill radishes for 20 minutes, allow to cool.
- Grill cabbage on a sheet pan over indirect heat for 10 minutes, just to add smoke flavor; allow to cool.
- Soak cucumbers in salt for 30 minutes; drain the natural liquid from the cucumbers and squeeze out remaining liquid with paper towels. Combine with remaining ingredients for the slaw dressing and toss slaw with cabbage, radishes and cilantro; keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Blend all ingredients for the romesco sauce in a blender. Puree until smooth, add in bread cubes until sauce thickens. Combine with barbeque sauce. Spread sauce on grilled bread slices and layer with chicken and slaw. Refrigerate any leftovers.