Butterscotch chips add an extra touch of sweetness to these chewy blondies.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the nuts. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Slowly beat dry mixture in to wet mixture. Stir in butterscotch chips by hand.
- Spread batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.