Blue Cornmeal Crepe Enchiladas
Tailgating early? These enchiladas are brunch-worthy, so serve them up at your next mid-day tailgate event! If you don’t have blue cornmeal, yellow works just fine.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ⅔ cup Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix
- ⅓ cup blue cornmeal
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, cubed or shredded
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Whisk together baking mix, cornmeal, milk, and eggs in a large bowl until very well combined.
- Spray a crepe pan or large, flat skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour ¼ cup batter onto hot skillet and spread batter as thin as possible into a circle. Flip after 1-2 minutes or after browned. Cook 30 seconds after flipping. Remove crepe from heat and place layers of wax paper between prepared crepes until all 6 have been made.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a medium casserole dish with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken, sour cream, salsa, soup, and salt over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until hot.
- Fill 1 crepe with one-sixth of the salsa and chicken mixture then top with a spoonful of pico de gallo. Roll crepe and place into casserole dish. Repeat with remaining crepes. Top enchiladas with remaining salsa mixture and shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted. Remove from oven and serve warm.