Blue Ribbon Cheesecake
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 package (3 oz.) lemon-flavored gelatin dessert mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, beaten stiff
- In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs and pecans. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is evenly moistened. Press into the bottom of a 9" × 13" × 2" baking pan. Set aside
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin mix in the boiling water. Let cool until partially thickened, about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the cooled gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture, mixing well. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the creamed mixture over the graham cracker crust. Cover and chill overnight before serving.