Blueberry Breakfast Cake
This is a moist, sweet cake—perfect for brunch!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup soy milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup rolled or quick oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream 1⁄4 cup margarine, 3⁄4 cup sugar, and egg replacement in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients in batches, alternating with soy milk. Mix well. Spread into a greased 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Sprinkle blueberries on top of batter.
- For the topping, combine remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar, 1⁄3 cup flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, remaining 3 tablespoons margarine, and oats. Mix well and sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.