Blueberry Breakfast Cake
This is a moist, sweet cake—perfect for brunch!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, softened, divided
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ cup soymilk
- 2½ cups blueberries
- ¼ cup rolled or quick oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream ¼ cup margarine, ¾ cup sugar, and egg replacement in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients in batches, alternating with soymilk. Mix well. Spread into a greased 8" × 8" baking pan. Sprinkle blueberries on top of batter.
- For the topping, combine remaining ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt, remaining 3 tablespoons margarine, and oats. Mix well and sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake 20–25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.