Blueberry-Cardamom Crisp with Oat-Pistachio Topping
Cardamom’s lemony zing makes the blueberries sing in this easy, yet impressive, dessert.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) Private Selection™ Blueberries Frozen Fruit
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Private Selection™ Ground Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup Private Selection™ Dry Roasted Shelled Pistachios with Sea Salt
- 1 container Private Selection™ Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss blueberries with cardamom, sugar and salt till berries are coated. Transfer to 1-quart baking dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, butter and pistachios. Pulse about 20 times or until clumps start to form. Sprinkle mixture over blueberries.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.