Clafouti is a French custard pudding dessert that is traditionally made with unpitted cherries, but this recipe substitutes blueberries to make it easier to eat without worrying about the pits. Pears, peaches, apples, and prunes make a nice clafouti too.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ Tbsp. soft butter
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- ⅔ cup flour
- 4 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 10" round cast-iron skillet.
- Mix the eggs, cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and flour with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes until frothy.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into the skillet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the baked batter in the dish and then pour the rest of the batter over them.
- Bake 35 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar over it and serve at room temperature.