Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
You get a double dose of fiber from the blueberries and the cornmeal in these pancakes. These are dense and filling, great for a frosty morning before you head to class.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, melted butter, and buttermilk in another bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into the flour mixture until combined. There will be lumps; be careful not to over mix.
- Pour about ⅓ cup batter for each pancake onto hot oiled griddle or skillet. Scatter several blueberries over batter. Flip pancakes when bubbles have formed and started to pop through the batter on top.
- Cook on other side for about a minute. Serve hot.