Blueberry Crumb Muffins
An abundance of fruit and a tender, cake-like texture make blueberry one of the most popular types of muffins!
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup cold vegan margarine, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix softened margarine, applesauce, soy milk, and vanilla extract until blended. Fold in frozen blueberries. Pour batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins until 3⁄4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3⁄4 cup flour, and 1⁄2 cup sugar. Cut cold margarine into flour and sugar until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over the top of muffin batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of the muffins.