Blueberry Crumb Muffins
An abundance of fruit and a tender, cake-like texture make blueberry one of the most popular types of muffins!
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup vegan margarine, softened
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup cold vegan margarine, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix softened margarine, applesauce, soymilk, and vanilla extract until blended. Fold in frozen blueberries. Pour batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins until ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¾ cup flour, and ½ cup sugar. Cut cold margarine into flour and sugar until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over the top of muffin batter.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of the muffins.